- Suggested events
- Product Launch, Meeting/Conference
- IMAX MelbourneCarlton GardensCarlton, Victoria, 3053
IMAX Melbourne’s cinema has the world’s largest screen (measuring 32 metres wide x 23 metres high) and seats 461 people, making it the perfect venue for your high-impact business presentation, product launch, awards ceremony or announcement. We’re looking forward to working with you to deliver your special event.
Exclusive cinema hire includes:
- Use of the IMAX cinema: 461 available seats, including 25 x Premium VIP seating
- Use of the IMAX Melbourne function room and foyer spaces
- AV: use of a microphone and lectern for a basic PowerPoint presentation
- Extra charges may apply for additional requirements
Good to know
PowerPoint Presentations: Our cinemas can support PowerPoint and Keynote presentations, driven via your own laptop. Videos must be embedded in your laptop to ensure the presentation works correctly. Please contact us for technical specs. If you require technical support to deliver your content, extra fees may apply (please see below for rates).
Showing your film: Films must be supplied in DCP format. We are happy to discuss options for converting your film to DCP.
Rehearsals: A technical rehearsal is mandatory for all events and is included in the cost of theatre hire. If a second rehearsal is required, this will incur a technical support charge of $70 p/h.
Extras: IMAX Melbourne is happy to facilitate and coordinate any additional requests that you may have for your event. At an extra cost we can supply*:
- Technical support: $70 per hour (3 hour minimum charge)
- Lighting options for our foyer spaces
- Event security
- Red carpet
- Additional microphones
Please contact us about rates for the above, and speak to us about event options with the Melbourne Museum!
* Please note that additional charges may apply on weekends & public holidays
- IMAX Theatre capacity: 461
- Upper foyer capacity: 211
- Event space capacity: 150
- Lower foyer capacity: 100
For more information including floor plans, please get in touch!